Miami 2015-16 Key facts and data: Real estate, economy, tourism, jobs
2015/16 Key Facts: Miami Real Estate and Economy
Whether you already live in Miami, have invested there, or are thinking about it, we figured we would share some interesting facts to keep in mind ahead of 2016!
INTERESTING KEY FACTS & FIGURES
- Most desirable US cities among Americans: Miami ranks #5 (Harris Poll)
- Most desirable US cities among 18-35 y.o: Miami is #4. More here.
- Record 1,000 new residents/day moving to Florida (US Census report here.)
- Record employment numbers for Miami-Dade in November 2015, adding more jobs than any other states, except Texas.
- Florida ranked #1 in the country with 35,200 jobs that month. Texas is #2 with 17,000 jobs! More US Bureau of Labor Statistics click here.
- Top 3 sectors adding the most jobs in past 12 months: Leisure/Hospitality (+5%); Education & Health Services (+2.2%); Professional & Business Services (+1.7%). Full ranking by Beacon Council available here.
- Miami Airport record breaking 44 million passengers in 2015 vs. 41M in 2014. (more here)
- South Florida home value grew by 8.1% in 2015 (more here)
- US Most expensive home sold: $60M, Penthouse, Faena House, Miami Beach. Check out top 10 here. (Click here)
- Miami is the 9th most expensive rental market in the US (full ranking here)
- North America’s only super-yacht marina just opened in Miami (Watson Island). $600M Hotels & retails is next click here.
- David Beckham’s $200M 25,000-seats soccer stadium almost a reality in Overtown, just West of Downtown! Full Presentation
- Brickell City Center, Miami’s most important development, will open this year and seal Brickell as a very unique neighborhood: Live, Work, Play. Latest renderings and list of tenants, click here.
- Downtown Miami rebirth makeover is underway with Flagler Street restoration, the 30 acres Miami World Center, and All Board Miami fast train station linking Miami to Orlando and beyond…
N.B. Latest 2015 Q4’s real estate & tourism data are not yet available. We’ll share in a month or so.
You’ll also find a list aggregating most Pre-constructions’ inventory and pricing in Brickell and Edgewater, allowing for more transparency and easier benchmark.