Miami 2016 Key facts and data: Real estate, economy, tourism, jobs
2016 Key Facts: Miami Real Estate and Economy in 2015/16
Discover some interesting 2016 Key facts about Miami’s real estate and economy to keep in mind for 2016.
2016 Key Facts:Desirability Rankings and Population Growth
- 5th most desirable US city among Americans (Harris Poll).
- 4th most desirable US city among 18-35-year-olds (source).
- Record of 1,000 new residents per day moving to Florida (US Census report).
2016 Key Facts: Employment and Job Growth
- Record employment numbers in Miami-Dade, adding more jobs than any other state except Texas.
- Florida ranked #1 in the country with 35,200 jobs added.
- Top 3 sectors adding the most jobs in the past 12 months: Leisure/Hospitality, Education & Health Services, and Professional & Business Services.
Tourism and Real Estate Growth
- Miami Airport welcomed a record-breaking 44 million passengers in 2015.
- South Florida home values grew by 8.1% in 2015.
- Miami ranked as the 9th most expensive rental market in the US.
Noteworthy Developments and Investments
- North America’s only super-yacht marina recently opened in Miami.
- David Beckham’s $200 million soccer stadium in Overtown is close to becoming a reality.
- Brickell City Center, Miami’s significant development, will open this year.
- Downtown Miami is undergoing a rebirth with Flagler Street restoration, Miami World Center project, and All Board Miami fast train station.
Additionally, Miami’s real estate market and economy continue to show promising signs. The city’s pre-construction inventory and pricing in neighborhoods like Brickell and Edgewater offer transparency and valuable benchmarks for potential investors. As Miami undergoes a downtown revitalization with projects like Flagler Street restoration, Miami World Center, and the All Board Miami fast train station, the city’s appeal and opportunities for growth are on the rise. Stay tuned for the latest data on real estate and tourism in 2015 Q4, as we strive to keep you informed.
Latest 2015 Q4’s real estate and tourism data are not yet available, but we’ll share them soon.Meanwhile, checkout Miami-dade website
For more information on pre-construction inventory and pricing in Brickell and Edgewater, contact us.